How was to Interview Kamui Cosplay

16:46

Last year I had the great opportunity to interview one of the greatest cosmakers and propmaker in the world :D Kamui Cosplay. I remembered the first time I saw her work, during an international event on Facebook. An amazing and really well detailed armor! Then my WoW gamer friends showed me her blog and since then (several years ago) I watch her tutorials and interview videos even if they are on German.

The hole interview: 
CQ-Magazine 03 
English
Spanish


So this had me really nervous, trying to think what should I ask her that are not the common blog questions or boring ones. Some of my friends saw me with the block on my hand wondering what should I do like for a week, rolling on the desk and doing strange faces. I know that was plenty of time but I was worth it! finally i got inspired and i wrote every question , thinking of people would what to know and with a designer sight! that was the most clever idea ever.
Many years since I had not draw a thing, hope you like Gizmo

Svetlana send back her answers and I couldn't be more happy. They were interesting, funny and long. She has been my best interviewee since we began this magazine :3. Then I had another inner trouble, translation but Nani saved me, we have a small but wonderful team in CQ-Magazine. I asked Svetlana about our country and said she would love to know it :). 

Her amazing pieces of work 

 

Some pictures and questions didn´t got published so for our lucky readers here they are!


  • Sewing is important too, how is your relation with your sewing machine? what brands is yours?

He he, I try to avoid sewing as good as I can. As I already told you, I just hate my sewing machine (a cheap Singer) and always try to forget the horrible hours I had to spent in front of it. I’m anything else than a talented or passionate seemstress. I’m much more a prop maker, I love to create armor and weapons and sewing is much more a part which is sometimes just neccessary.
 

  • What are your favorite games?
At the moment I play the new expansion of World of Warcraft and Skyrim a lot, but I’m also a huge fan of Bayonetta, Pokemon, Patapon, Okami and the old Final Fantasy games. I also love strategy games like Age of Empires, Starcraft II or Warcraft and surely also still enjoy Diablo III or Aion.

  • Who do you admire? from cosplay world and outside of it?
I don’t admire anybody. I have many talented friends, but I don’t really have any idols. However I really love the work of amazing prop makers like Volpin or BlindSquirrel and I’m thankful for all the time, effort and love my husband Benni gives me. 

  • Your favorite book?
I sadly don’t have time to read a lot, but I’m a huge fan of the Warcraft books. 


You Might Also Like

0 comentarios

Popular Posts

recent posts